Coffee & Pastries
prep time: 30 mins cook time: 10 mins total time: 40 mins
2 ½ tablespoons/ 40 grams butter, softened
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
½ cup + 1 tablespoon milk
½ teaspoon instant yeast
210 grams flour
1 tablespoon water
extra cinnamon, optional
extra brown sugar, optional
1. Warm the milk to luke warm.
2. Sift flour and yeast together.
3. Beat the butter, with sugar, salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
4. Gradually stir in flour and milk together into butter. Continue to mix with a dough hook until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. It will take about 5 minutes.
5. Then cover up with a tea towel, place in a warm spot and leave to proof for 45-60 minutes, till almost double in size.
6. Dust some flour on clean surface for rolling, give the dough a quick knead, then roll out a rectangle.
7. Spread as much or as little nutella as you would like, 3-4 tablespoons for me are enough.
8. Next roll and slice the dough, arrange in a buttered tin, cover with a tea towel and allow proofing for another 30 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 240C/464F.
10. Beat water with the egg and brush the rolls. Sprinkle with a bit of extra cinnamon and brown sugar, if using.
11. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
12. Serve warm with coffee or tea.